Here are some great tips to make your eyelash extensions last longer!
1. No mascara! Leaving your eyelash extensions natural can help them last longer. If you must add mascara, which even I'm guilty of, only apply it to the tips. Do not go all the way down to the root of your eyelash extension as it can be tricky to get all of the mascara off! Also, do not use waterproof mascara! Waterproof mascara takes a lot of scrubbing to your eyes before coming off.
2. Brush, Brush, Brush! Brushing through your eyelash extensions can help improve your extensions. Your eyelash extensions will be longer than your normal eyelashes so they will overlap each other sometimes! By brushing through them everyday, you can "untangle" them so they don't end up pulling on each other.
3. No Oil! Oil free products will be your eyelash extensions best friend. If you have makeup on, make sure you use an oil free makeup remover because anything with oil can loosen the extensions on your natural lash.
4. Don't brush those lashes while they're wet! Your eyelash extensions may be all over the place after you get out of the shower or swimming pool but as tempting as it may be, don't brush them! Allow time for your eyelashes to dry before brushing through them.
5. Limit those saunas! I am guilty of wanting to relax in a sauna for hours but extreme heat and sweating can loosen those extensions. Try to minimize your time in the sauna to 15 minutes or less.
6. Sealant! After every refill you have with me, I add something that is called a sealant. Sealants help for a barrier that protects your extensions from harmful elements that could loosen them. If you would like to purchase some, I can give you great recommendations on which ones to get. They will not cost you more than $20.00 max!
7. No picking or itching! I get it, allergies come and you want to just scratch your eyes out, but try to refrain from it. Instead of itching or picking at your eyes, try a shower! Your eyes AND your eyelash extensions will thank you.
8. Say no to heat! Anything with extreme heat can damage those eyelash extensions. Come summer time, be EXTREMELY careful around fire, especially grilling. None of my clients have had any issues while but I just like to mention it for protection reasons.
9. NO CURLING. I have had many clients come in who used heated eyelash curlers on their natural eyelashes and thats completely fine! But once those eyelash extensions are on, you cannot curl them. Applied heat to the eyelash extensions can burn them. Eyelash extensions have enough curl where you should not need to curl your extensions and if you want more of a curl, all you have to do is ask!